SPECIALISED REFIT & REPAIRS
Mike Lucas Yachting
For nearly 20 years, Mike Lucas Yachting has provided a specialised brokerage service for Starlight and Sadler range of yachts. During this time, there has been increasing demand from owners for professional care and attention to the yacht in terms of refurbishment, repairs and maintenance. MLY now specialises in the whole range of repair and refurbishment work, with many years of accumulated experience of Sadlers built 1979 to 1994 and Starlights built 1991 to 2002. We take pride in offering the highest quality service to an increasing number of discerning owners, some of whom bring their yachts to MLY from remote parts of UK and also Europe.
REFITS AND REPAIRS
Mike Lucas Yachting is based at Baltic Wharf Boatyard, Totnes (access via the River Dart) and brings together a wealth of experience in general repair, refit and maintenance services. We have specialised skills and expertise in rigging, sails, canvas work, marine electronics, teak repairs, engineering and all aspects of shipwright work – includes spray painting, osmosis treatment, stainless steel fabrication, toilets, gas, steering systems and relevant associated activities. Service now expanded to deal with all types and sizes of yacht.
All work is coordinated and delivered in-house with our own skilled staff, using a network of dedicated tradesmen and sub-contractors, managed by MLY and bringing many advantages to the owner.
- Benefit – dealing with one management company, rather than separate trades and sub-contractors
- Invoices – only one source of invoicing, with quotations and estimates produced prior to commitment
- Prices – more competitive prices, because overheads are low and communication is on-site and effective
- Size of job – MLY project manage from the smallest repair to the largest contract, so as to accommodate and utilise the whole range of skills required
- Planning – comprehensive Work Schedule drawn up at the outset and most importantly a time-frame, so that launch dates are achieved as planned
- Reliability – successful achievement of quality and delivery performance is fundamental to MLY success and much appreciated by our owners.
Mike Lucas Yachting specialises in producing high-quality results at competitive prices:
Minimal overheads, so overall cost well below usual yard rates Professional management and careful attention to quality of work and technical considerations Competitive haul-out and storage charges / water and power available
For insurance damage and major work, we consult local Surveyors who have general knowledge and experience of all yachts and particularly the Sadler / Starlight range. A Condition Report can be done for insurance purposes as required.
- Delivery by sea – UK deliveries by sea, organised with well-known and experienced local skippers. For deliveries to/from Europe and the Med, Transatlantic, Scandinavia etc
- Delivery by road – UK and Europe, using a number of options of well known and experienced transporters – crane on and off arranged.